In order to ensure that you choose an adoption agency that’s experienced, ethical, and that’s the right fit for your family, pose these questions to the agencies you’re considering.
- How many children did you place last year?
- How many children did you place from each of the programs in which I am interested?
- How long have you been placing children from each of the countries I’m interested in?
- (For single parents) How many children did you place with a single parent? What types of children were placed with single parents?
- (For gay and lesbian parents) How many children did you place with gay or lesbian couples? What types of children were placed with gay and lesbian parents?